Ultra-Fit Power Connectors from Molex
Eliminate same-circuit-size cross mating, optimize space savings and reduce terminal back-out with low mating force, high-density Ultra-Fit Power Connectors.
Each industry faces different power connector challenges. Failures can occur in appliances as a result of mis-mated connectors. Terminal back-out or other potential assembly errors can lead to dangerous brake malfunctions in vehicles. Pervasive data growth is driving PCB makers to use more electronics in smaller spaces; sourcing small, yet power-dense, electronics is a dilemma. Ultra-Fit Power Connectors address these issues, solving four key design challenges while offering the premium housing features of proven Mini-Fit and Micro-Fit 3.0 connector systems. Color-coded housings mitigate the risk of mis-mating. Optional TPA retainers significantly reduce terminal backout. A streamlined design that is 17% smaller than competing power connectors provides space savings, and an ultra-low mating force reduces operator fatigue when mating numerous high-circuit connectors.
Molex Ultra-Fit Power Connectors Features and Benefits:
- Multiple mechanical key and color-coded options
- Allows same-circuit, multiple connector use with virtually no chance of cross mating. Color coding provides visual indication of the proper mating connector — enabling faster assembly.
- 17% reduction in pitch over similar power connectors
- Current-dense design saves PCB space, allows for smaller packaging without sacrificing current-carrying capabilities.
- Optional TPA (Terminal Position Assurance) retainer
- Guarantees the terminal is fully seated in the housing to reduce terminal back-out. Retains terminal if main retention feature fails
- Ultra low mating force terminal
- Reduces operator fatigue and improves assembly compliance for high-circuit applications
- Positive-lock housing with anti-snag design
- Ensures mated connector assemblies will not accidentally disengage. Provides an audible click while mating. Protects latch from damage due to wire snags
- Fully isolated terminals
- Protect against potential damage of the header and receptacle terminals during handling and mating
- Terminal interface with six independent points of contact (split-box terminal design)
- Offers redundant, secondary current paths for long-term performance and reliability
Molex Ultra-Fit Power Connectors Applications:
- Aerospace and Defense
- Consumer/Home Appliance
Click here to download the Ultra-Fit datasheet.
Click here to visit the Molex Ultra-Fit catalog pages for price and inventory availability. Visit the Molex page on www.sager.com for more information or contact a Sager sales representative, the authorized Distributor for Molex, at 1.800.SAGER.800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.