Honeywell PX3 Series Heavy Duty Pressure Transducers
Honeywell’s PX3 Series Heavy Duty Pressure Transducers use piezoresistive sensing technology with ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) signal conditioning in a brass housing and Metri-Pack 150, DIN, or cable harness electrical connections. The PX3 Series is calibrated and temperature compensated from -40°C to 125°C [-40°F to 257°F].
The PX3 Series is available in two pressure ranges:
- 1 bar to 50 bar
- 15 psi to 700 psi
Honeywell PX3 Series Heavy Duty Pressure Transducers Features:
- Pressure range: 1 bar to 50 bar | 15 psi to 700 psi (absolute and sealed gage)
- Ratiometric output: 0.5 Vdc to 4.5 Vdc or 0.33 Vdc to 2.97 Vdc
- 4 mA to 20 mA output supports transmission of output signals over longer distances
- Calibrated and temperature compensated
- Total Error Band: ±1.0 %FSS from -20°C to 85°C [-4°F to 185°F]
- External freeze/thaw resistance: 6 cycles from -30°C to 50°C [-22°F to 122°F]
- Insulation resistance: >100 MOhm, 1500 Vdc (in dry, non-ionized air)
- Dielectric strength: AC1500V, 1 min. or AC1800V, 1 s (in dry, non-ionized air)
- Current consumption: 3.5 mA max.
- EMC (radiated immunity): 200 V/m (ratiometric voltage output), 140 V/m (current output) per ISO 11452-2
- Ingress protection IP67 (Metri-Pack connector), IP69K (cable harness), IP65 (DIN connector)
- RoHS, REACH, and CE compliant
- Six industry-standard pressure port types, including a tube port which provides for hermetically-sealed process connection
Honeywell PX3 Series Heavy Duty Pressure Transducers Value to the Customer:
- Total Error Band (TEB) ±1.0 %FSS from -20°C to 85°C: Provides indication of the sensor’s true measurement performance over a specified temperature range; small error promotes system uptime and efficiency.
- Higher insulation resistance and dielectric strength: Protects the user and sensor in high over-voltage situations, and ensures that the device is compliant with industry standards.
- Higher EMC performance: Operates more reliably in the presence of electro-magnetic fields, such as near wireless signals, RF communication, and electrical devices.
- Higher external freeze/thaw resistance: Survives exposure to frost, commonly found in refrigeration systems.
- Reduced current consumption: Helps to reduce energy costs, and enhances product life if used in battery driven systems.
- Media compatibility: Common HFC (hydrofluorocarbon) refrigerants (R410A and R134A), next generation low global warming potential (GWP) refrigerants (R448A/Solstice® N40, R32 and R1234ZE), engine oil, petroleum-based hydraulic fluids, brake fluids (DOT3), and dry air. For ammonia and other corrosive media, see Honeywell’s SPT Series.
Honeywell PX3 Series Heavy Duty Pressure Transducers Differentiation:
- Optional diagnostics mode: Beneficial in applications where the sensor functionality and the need to know internal or external failure modes is critical.
- Great customer value: Multiple configuration possibilities provide flexibility of use in the application with no upfront NRE or tooling charges.
- Durable: Provides the tough environmental specifications needed, including insulation resistance and dielectric strength, external freeze-thaw resistance, and EMC performance.
- 4 mA to 20 mA output is temperature compensated up to 125°C.
Honeywell PX3 Series Heavy Duty Pressure Transducers Downloads:
Honeywell PX3 Series Heavy Duty Pressure Transducers Price and Availability:
Click here to visit the PX3 catalog pages for price and inventory availability.
Visit the Honeywell page on www.sager.com for more information on their offering or contact a Sager sales representative, the authorized distributor for Honeywell Sensing and IoT, at 1.800.SAGER.800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.