Honeywell MicroPressure Board Mount Pressure Sensor, MPR Series
The MPR Series is a very small piezoresistive silicon pressure sensor offering a digital output for reading pressure over the full-scale pressure span and temperature range. It is calibrated and compensated over specific temperature ranges for sensor offset, sensitivity, temperature effects and non-linearity using an on-board Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC).
This product is designed to meet the requirements of higher volume (250,000 units/year) medical (consumer and non-consumer) devices and commercial appliance applications.
The MPR Series’ very small form factor enables portability by addressing weight, size and space restrictions. It occupies less area on the PCB and its plug and play feature enables ease of implementation and system level connectivity. The MPR Series enhances performance through reduced conversion requirements and a direct interface to microprocessors. It meets IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020D.1 Moisture Sensitivity Level 1 requirements. The MPR Series is energy efficient by reducing system power requirements and enables extended battery life.
The MPR Series has a digital output and comes fully calibrated, compensated and amplified. Its application-specific design addresses various application needs and challenges. It provides true performance over compensated temperature range, which minimizes the need to test and calibrate every sensor, thereby potentially reducing manufacturing cost, improving sensor accuracy, and offers ease of sensor interchangeability due to minimal part-to-part variation.
MPR Series Features and Benefits:
- 5 mm x 5 mm [0.20 in x 0.20 in] package footprint
- Calibrated and compensated
- ±40 mbar to ±2.5 bar | ±4 kPa to ±250 kPa | ±0.6 psi to ±30 psi
- 24-bit digital I2C or SPI-compatible output
- IoT (Internet of Things) ready interface
- Low power consumption (<10 mW typ.), energy efficient
- Stainless steel pressure port
- Medical and food grade gel options
- Compatible with a variety of liquid media
- Absolute and gage pressure types
- Total Error Band after customer auto-zero: As low as ±1.5 %FSS
- Compensated temperature range: 0ºC to 50ºC [32ºF to 122ºF]
- REACH and RoHS compliant
- Meets IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020D.1 Moisture Sensitivity Level 1
MPR Series Applications:
- Blood pressure monitoring (invasive and non-invasive)
- Negative-pressure wound therapy
- Breast pumps
- Mobile oxygen concentrators
- CPAP water tanks
- Coffee machines
- Air beds
- Washing Machines
- Air braking systems
- Gas and water meters
Visit the Sager product catalog for price and availability:
Additional Technical Data:
Download the datasheet.
Download the application note.
Download the Board Mount Pressure Sensors Line Guide.
For additional information about this or other quality products from Honeywell, please contact you local Sager Sales Representative or dial 1-800-SAGER-800 to reach the Sager Service Center nearest you.