Honeywell 2SS52M Series Magnetoresistive Omnipolar Sensor IC
The 2SS52M Series Digital Magnetoresistive Sensors are omnipolar, solid-state sensors with a built-in magnetoresistive bridge integrated on silicon and encapsulated in a plastic package. The integrated circuit also includes a band-gap regulator and a digital output in response to very low magnetic fields.
These sensor ICs may be operated with either a North or a South magnetic pole applied in parallel to the sensor IC. The polarity does not need to be identified, simplifying installation in single pole applications and doubling the resolution in rotating magnet applications.
These small and highly sensitive omnipolar devices have become a popular building block for flow metering, motor RPM and cylinder position sensing.
They are available in five package styles:
2SS52M: U-pack, 3-pin, in-line sensor IC with straight leads supplied in bulk packaging (1000 units per bag)
SS552MT: SOT-89B surface-mount sensor IC supplied on tape and reel which allows for compact design with automated component placement (1000 units per tape and reel)
2SS52M-S: U-pack, 3-pin in-line, surface-mount sensor, IC supplied in bulk packaging (1000 units per bag)
2SS52M-T2: U-pack, 3-pin, in-line sensor IC with formed leads supplied in ammo pack tape-in-box (5000 units per box)
2SS52M-T3: U-pack, 3-pin, in-line sensor IC with straight leads supplied in ammo pack tape-in-box (5000 units per box)
2SS52M Series Digital Magnetoresistive Sensors Product Features:
- High sensitivity: 25 Gauss maximum operate point allows for extended sensing distance or a smaller magnet
- 3.8 Vdc to 30 Vdc supply voltage range
- Omnipolar sensing: Activates with either North or South pole
- Temperature range: -40°C to 150°C [-40°F to 302°F]
- Digital current-sinking output
- RoHs compliant, meets Directive 2002/95/EC
2SS52M Series Digital Magnetoresistive Sensors Applications:
- High frequency flow sensing in HVAC, water, fuel meters, and gas utility meters
- Anti-tamper detection in water, electric, and gas utility meters
- Liquid level detection
- Motor RPM sensingIn-cylinder position sensing
- RPM sensing in exercise and rehabilitation equipment
- Magnetic interrupt in exercise and rehabilitation equipment
- Absence/presence detection in infusion pumps
- Position sensing of medication dispensing cabinet drawers
- Incline position sensing in hospital beds
- Lid, door and drawer position detection
- Fluid flow detection
- Liquid level detection
2SS52M Series Digital Magnetoresistive Sensors Downloads:
Honeywell 2SS52M Series Digital Magnetoresistive Sensors Datasheet
Honeywell Magnetoresistive Sensors Line Guide
Honeywell Embedded Hospital Applications
Click here to visit the 2SS52M catalog pages for price and inventory availability.
Visit the Honeywell page on www.sager.com for more information on their offering or contact a Sager sales representative, the authorized distributor for Honeywell Sensing and IoT, at 1.800.SAGER.800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.