Sensata-BEI Sensors' SIL3 Functional Safety Encoders
Sensata Technologies' BEI Sensors, a leading manufacturer of encoders and position sensors, has developed a range of functional safety encoders to suit a wide variety of industrial applications.
This new range of encoders can be used in safety applications involving speed control with or without rotation detection as well as position counting applications.
Sensata-BEI SIL3 Features:
- Usable up to SIL3 and Cat.4 / PLe according to IEC 61508 / EN ISO 13849
- Suitable for safe motor feedback according to IEC 61800-5-2
- Robustness and excellent resistance to shock and vibration
- High protection level: IP65
- High temperature performance –20°C to 85°C
- Power supply 5Vdc or 11/30Vdc
- Digital TTL/RS422 or HTL or sine/cosine 1Vpp output
- Resolutions up to 2500ppr
- 58mm encoder, solid shaft 6mm, 9.52mm or 10mm (DSM5H), and through shaft, standard 14mm (DSO5H)
- Connector or cable output (DSM5, side output only for DSO5)
- Stainless steel version available as an option (DSM5X) - consult factory
- Adapted anti-rotation system (DSO5H)
Click part number links below to visit the catalog pages for price and availability:
Visit the Sensata-BEI page on www.sager.com for more information on their offering or contact a Sager sales representative, the authorized distributor for BEI Sensors, at 1.800.SAGER.800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.