Honeywell TARS Series Inertial Measurement Unit
TARS Series Inertial Measurement Unit, 9 V to 36 V, CAN protocol, AMPSEAL 16 termination, standard MEMS chip generation/performance.
The Transportation Attitude Reference Sensor or TARS-IMU is a packaged sensor array designed to report vehicle angular rate, acceleration, and inclination for demanding applications in industries such as heavy duty, off-highway transportation. TARS-IMU enables autonomous vehicle characteristics and enhances efficiency and productivity by reporting key data required to automate and monitor movements of vehicle systems and components. The sensor fusion algorithm can be customized for specific vehicle applications through on-board firmware, allowing movement data to be filtered for extraneous environment and vehicle movements.
TARS SERIES FEATURES:
- High performance IMU reports vehicle angular rate, acceleration and inclination (6 degrees of freedom)
- Ruggedized PBT thermoplastic housing design for the most demanding applications and environments (IP67 and IP69K certified)
- Advanced filtering of raw sensor data to minimize unwanted noise and vibrations, improves positioning accuracy
- Optional metal guard for added protection
- Supports 5 V and 9 V to 36 V vehicle power systems
- Operating temperature of -40°C to 85°C [-40°F to 185°F]
- Reduced power consumption
- Small form-factor
TARS SERIES POTENTIAL APPLICATIONS:
- Equipment control
- Linkage tracking
- Work monitoring
- Operator assisted control
- Performance and output control
- Linear position
- Bucket control
- Vehicle stability control
TARS SERIES VALUE TO CUSTOMERS:
- Designed to allow vehicle manufacturers and end users to increase efficiency with the automation of repetitive movements or complex tasks
- Enables precise movement, actuation and guidance over severe terrains and vehicle grades
- Enhances safety through enablement of monitoring and guidance capabilities that improve productivity of operators
Click here to download additional TARS Series information from Honeywell:
Honeywell TARS Series Datasheet
Honeywell TARS Series Installation Instructions
Visit Honeywell Sensing and IoT's site to watch the product overview video.
For price and availability, visit the Sager.com Honeywell product catalog.
Sager Electronics is an authorized distributor of Honeywell Sensing and IoT. Visit the Honeywell page on www.sager.com for more information on their offering. For immediate assistance with your sensor requirements or to speak with our Sensor Sales Specialist, complete the form below or call us at 866.588.1750.